Friday 20 October 2017

No More Running for the Rest of my Life

I'm amazed at the cynicism of some people. I've just come off a pretty rigid ten week training plan that involved a lot of healthy eating, very little drinking and absolutely zero pizza or pasties yet when I mentioned that I would be taking this weekend off completely before switching to cycling next week I received a few knowing looks, more than a few titters and one person almost flat out suggesting I was giving up.

Although I have to put a lot into cycling I do have eight months to prepare and have to ensure I don't get bored of it so thought I'd have a week to myself to recover. This means I can celebrate a friend's birthday guilt-free and actually live a little before putting myself through yet another ordeal.

I promise you all though, I will be back. Oh yes. Back I will be.

Here's me looking knackered after my Autumn half marathon events.

No comments:

Post a Comment