Tuesday 27 February 2018

Final Finalised Training Plan Finally

I've joined a gym for the first time in my life. It feels odd as it's not a midlife crisis and really it's just so I can use the pool but as a runner I've always been a bit of a 'the world is my gym' kinda guy. Now the gym is my gym.

I'll admit my main reason for joining was because they gave me a price I couldn't refuse (free) but to be able to pool swim on Tuesdays and sea swim at weekends...when it warms up, at least...is a real blessing.

My first swim was dreadful and felt like a waste of time. I couldn't put my face in the water and got tired after 15 short laps. I was told this is normal though and that buoyed me up (no pun intended) to go back today. I set myself a goal of 20 laps however possible and, as ever, they were slow laps.

On finishing I was offered a sauna or steam room by a young man who turned out to be an instructor, both of which I politely declined. He also told me it was perfectly normal and would get easier so now that I have a schedule I'm on board for swimming (again, no pun intended).

Sunday rides have been non-existent of late for theatrical reasons but after the show this Sunday my training plan is:

Tuesday swim, increasing lap numbers
Wednesday indoor bike, keeping to an hour of low resistance 
Friday short ride, maximum of twenty miles
Sunday long ride, increasing distance if possible

...with as many sea swims as I can. Arms and legs don't fail me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment