Friday 4 August 2017

The Plan

After signing up for another half marathon this October I decided that risking a two mile open water swim this September with no training was probably a bad idea. This means I will be riding in July and swimming in September 2018 which gives me plenty of time to get the miles in properly. I've done an event with very little training before and it was as much fun as rolling down an electrified hedgehog covered hill.

A good friend (you could say my new best friend) has given me some hints and tips on getting selected for RideLondon so there's a chance I won't have to ride for a charity. This will save everyone time, effort and money.

I also went for a ten mile bike ride today which turned in to a twelve mile bike ride due to a diversion followed by a three mile bike ride later on as I hadn't made it home initially. I also cut the grass. If my wife is reading this I'm not expecting a hero's welcome but a 'well done' will suffice.

It's on. 2018 is going to be my year. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment