Wednesday 2 January 2019

Training for Ride London - Attempt 2

Here's an update for those who are new to the blog or have just plain forgotten. In 2013 I ran the London Marathon, in 2017 London Marathon Events introduced the London Classics medal and so in 2018 I swam two miles around the Serpentine Lake...really slowly.

I also cycled over 1,000 miles last year in training for Ride London, a 100 mile route, the third and final stage of my London Classics attempt (although I did it before the swim so it would have been my second stage). Unfortunately my freehub broke outside The Tree on Box Hill pub, I lost power to the rear wheel and so I had to stop after just 70 flooded, shoe soaking miles.

I swapped the old bike for a shiny new one and I am once again participating in Ride London for JDRF, a charity close to my heart. I will post important updates on here but, if you don't hear from me until August 4th, know that I am only cycling this year. Cycling until my legs fall off. Should I achieve this I will finally gain the medal that I have dreamed of for almost two years and that, by rights, I feel I should never have looked towards due to an early career of crisps and gravy....oh, and also the fact I couldn't swim at the start of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment