Friday 19 April 2019

Spring has Spreng

With good weather upon us I felt it was finally time to move from the warm, cosy indoor bike to the treacherous, inconsistent actual bike and to see what I've lost over the winter in terms of fitness.

I have around 14 weeks until Ride London, my place is secure and so I've dived back into 40 mile long rides. I'm pleased to say I'm achieving the distance yet I've lost a bit of speed which I'll be trying to get back. As well as the long ride I'll be doing an intermediate 20 miler on a Sunday and two short 5's during the week with a short run on one of the spare days just in case I need to do a marathon or owt at some point.

I've also applied for my Classics medal with London Marathon 2013 and Swim Serpentine 2018 in the bag but I'm well aware that 100 miles seperates me from the shiny stuff. Oh, plus all the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment